From its inception, The Technogym Village has been guided by environmental principles.
Making the most of natural resources
- All the buildings in the Technogym Village are located to make best use of the natural elements.
- The factory faces north, which ensures natural light throughout the working day, and keeps staff cool in summer and warm in winter.
- An automated system opens windows under the roof and recycles air to keep interiors cool, even in the summer, without requiring air conditioning systems.
We re-used the earth excavated during the construction of the factory to install natural barriers along the motorway side of the site. This created:
- a soft outline in front of the motorway, matching the contours of our local hillsides
- natural sound-proofing against the noise of motorway traffic
We pay considerable attention to the choice of equipment we use to ensure maximum energy saving and minimal environmental impact.
An investment in energy-saving lamps and low-consumption PC workstations led to combined energy savings of approximately 154,000 kWh per year.
We are committed to reduce carbon dioxide emissions by 1,400,000 kg/year.
For example, since 2008 the Technogym Spa has been using clean electricity generated purely from renewable resources.
Reducing and recycling waste
We recycle the following materials:
- the fabrics used to clean our products
- toner cartridges
- paper, cardboard and wood products
Our offices exclusively use recycled paper and we have reduced the paper used print product instruction manuals by replacing them with digital documents.
Choosing eco-friendly partners
We carefully vet any partners and suppliers collaborating with us to ensure their dedication to the environment. Where possible we also try to work with local companies.